There is nothing like nature’s medicine and the healing power of herbs. If you want to relax, increase energy, reduce inflammation, and think better, we have some herbs that will help you make it happen.
Chamomile has been used for centuries to help aid in sleeping, heal mild stomach issues, and reduce inflammation. Known to help you relax, chamomile tea is a wonderful drink to help you wind down after a long day.
Sage is an herb that works wonders for your digestive system and inflammation. It is also known to help you improve concentration and memory. Due to its high doses of vitamin K, this herb is great for strengthening bones.
Lavender has a sweet smell and strong benefits. This soft scented herb will boost your immune system, improve circulation and relieve pain from the joints and muscles.
We are a contestant in the Vegan Smart Contest. In order to win we need the most votes.
It is super easy. Click this link. Enter your e-mail. Click vote and you’re done!
Join us for a Community Gardening Party on Monday, May 30, 2016
We are starting a garden at the center and we want YOU to come help us celebrate. We are honored to have Malik Yakini of The Detroit Black Community Food Security Network coordinate the planting of our inaugural garden. Along with refreshments, fellowship and fun, we will focus on the true meaning of the holiday with a reflective dedication to those who have passed on including the healers of our community.
Do you want to make history?
Here at the Detroit Wholistic Center, we are building raised bed garden plots. We are inviting you to plant a seed of life in memory/honor of a loved one who has passed and/or with us today. This garden will leave a legacy and help generations to come for many years. Together we will make a historical change in our community by providing fresh produce and healthy options. During this time we will recognize the late Dr. Keefa and others.
This event is FREE and the public is invited to attend. Click the link register https://goo.gl/mGYwF3
We will start at 9:00 am with the dedication and instructions on planting. Seeds and plants will be provided.
Join us behind The Detroit Wholistic Center + Wholistic Training Institute buildings 20944-20954 Grand River Ave. Detroit, MI
Light refreshments and beverages will be served. Donations are welcomed but not required.
How is your “F” word implementation going? Last week we shared the first five “F” words for weight loss. This week, as promised, we are sharing the remainder of the words.
6. Fats – Healthy fats are essential for brain, hormone, and proper function of the body.
7. Flushing – Flush out the body of impurities and waste.
8. Fitness – 30 minutes or more of movement a day helps you detox and build healthy muscle and bones.
9. Forgiveness – It is not always what we are eating. We must ask what is eating us? Release unnecessary weight/baggage and forgive.
10. Fun – Find things that bring you joy. Fun is important and laughter is good for the soul.
Do you need extra support? We have many programs and classes that will help you meet your health goals. Contact us for more information. 313.538.LIFE
Tomorrow is Mothers Day. Dr. Jesse Brown has a special video message for all of the Mothers. With love we wish you a wonderful day.
We are well into spring and summer is right around the corner. If you are looking for a program to release weight, get back on track, or amp up your regime we have you covered.
Dr. Jesse Brown has the top ten “F” words you need to fight the fat and sustain weight loss. This week we are sharing the first five words and tips so you can implement some of these easy suggestions right away.
The First Five “F” Words For Weight Loss Success
1. Faith – Have the faith that you will be healthy and make the right choices for your body. Prayer, meditation, and affirmations are great tools to keep you focused and grounded on your health goals.
2. Fluids – Water is essential for health. You will need more water in your diet. It is suggested that you drink ½ your body weight in ounces. If you weigh 180lbs, you should be drinking 90oz a day.
3. Food – Consume foods that are plant based. This includes fruits, vegetables, and some grains. Keep processed foods to a minimum and eventually transition them out of your diet.
4. Fiber- This awesome substance holds on to things that the body doesn’t need. With a healthy dose of fiber, you will be regular, lighter, and less constipated.
5. Flora- This is the friendly bacteria in our digestive system that helps us breakdown and digest food well. You will want to eat high fiber foods such as beans, berries, and cruciferous vegetables like kale, broccoli, and cabbage to keep this bacteria well… “friendly.”
We would love to know what “F” word/s will get your full commitment. Share on your social media mentioning the word.
Next week we will share 6-10.
LIVE WEBCAST 7/19/15
The way to transform ourselves, our communities and our condition is by educating, participating, and facilitating activities that promote health, wealth and wisdom.
Whether you’re looking for wholistic methods to lose weight, cleanse, or learn about careers, businesses and opportunities in health and wellness, then this free open house event is for you! We will discuss the Detroit Detox cleansing method and share vital information for yourself, family or community. Product specials and free classes.
Want to learn about classes for personal empowerment, employment or business opportunities through Detroit’s FIRST and ONLY state-licensed Naturopathic school.
The WTI offers 96 courses and over 3,200 hours.